I’ve added a new page that pays homage to the beautiful island of Kauai, where I was raised and think is the most beautiful of all the Hawaiian Islands. I am of course biased having grown up there and I just wanted to share a post about my home island because I think Kauai is what most people around the world still envision when they think of Hawaii.
I promise to update the gallery on the Beautiful Kauai page with more photos as I collect more from my parents and when I get back there myself to visit, which is not nearly often enough!
Beautiful Kauai Facts:
- Geographically it is the oldest of the 7 main Hawaiian islands
- It’s nicknamed “the Garden Isle”
- Tropical rainforest covers much of its surface, thus it’s nickname
- Area 552 mi²
- Population 67,091 (2017)
- Wettest spot on earth (avg 450 inches per year)
- Northernmost island in the Hawaiian island chain
- Waimea Canyon – Known as the Grand Canyon of the pacific
- Polihale – longest stretch of white sand beach in Hawaii (17 miles)
- Mount Waialele – Wettest spot on planet earth!
- Koke’e State Park – Hiking, camping, fishing, and hunting
- Pakalas or Majors Bay – Best surf spots (west side girl bias alert)
- Poipu – snorkeling