I am from the beautiful island of Kauai, where I was raised and this page pays homage to the island I miss by sharing some it’s wonderful sights and colors. I promise to update the gallery with more photos as I collect them from my parents and when I get back there myself to visit, which is not nearly often enough!
Beautiful Kauai Facts:
- Geographically it is the oldest of the 7 main Hawaiian islands
- It’s nicknamed “the Garden Isle”
- Tropical rainforest covers much of its surface, thus it’s nickname
- Area 552 mi²
- Population 67,091 (2017)
- Wettest spot on earth (avg 450 inches per year)
- Northernmost island in the Hawaiian island chain
- Waimea Canyon – Known as the Grand Canyon of the pacific
- Polihale – longest stretch of white sand beach in Hawaii (17 miles)
- Mount Waialele – Wettest spot on planet earth!
- Koke’e State Park – Hiking, camping, fishing, and hunting
- Pakalas or Majors Bay – Best surf spots (west side girl bias alert)
- Poipu – snorkeling